WINNERS AND LOSERS

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 24 total posts  1 2  Next Last
11435 Nibs: 1,546
Posted on Oct 14th 2006  -  Subject: WINNERS AND LOSERS
Hi, I just want to add my opinion on something. I've played several tournaments with PI and I think the one thing I find deplorable is the trash talk at the tables. I mean, are we adults or are we children. If were adults then I think its not too much to ask that we speak or act as one. Yes there are donkeys at these tournaments (people that go all in with crap cards and win). Only one way to win against them is to bide your time. If you can play at your best and not stoop to their level, then I commend you. But thrashing them only makes matters worse. Second, I think poor losers are one thing...but poor winners are even worse. I think you all know what I mean. People that win and then talk smack to you or put you down after they win all your chips. GROW UP is all I can say. Everyone hates to lose, so why rub it in? I dont think I need to say more. Lets act and be adults. Children shouldnt be playing poker afterall :P
GoldenJacks
61974 Nibs: 2,732
Posted on Oct 15th 2006  -  Subject: Excellent point
I agree with you 100%. I honestly believe there are hundreds of thousands of players that are actually under age gamblers. While I admit I started when I was 15, there wasn't anything called "Internet" around at that time. We mainly (like most kids) played for pennys, candy or just plain bragging rights. Problem is that freerolls allow these inexperienced and less caring group of players into the circle of people who are trying to make a go of it. As I have on my wall " Any Peanut with a lesser care for his chips can call your Rockets pre-flop and out draw you reguardless of your bet amount." On the other hand, I am absolutly certain that there are true under age players that are trying just as we are and we'll never know who they are, because they do show that stack respect that we all share. I would say you have hit the mark when stating "...to bid your time." because you can not get into draw off with these guys unless you can get them past the flop, otherwise they seem to ALWAYS out draw you. But how long, and more-so, how many mid to high premium hands can you fold preflop against a moron? Agressive play is fine, but what some players do is just untolleratable. Nice post, I feel lighter now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- I hope to break even this week. I need the money.
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Oct 16th 2006  -  Subject: Oh the pain ...
As someone who has only recently started playing, I have been frustrated on many occaisions by trying to play what I consider the right way only to lose to people who call with any two cards - and hit. It makes it difficult trying to develop the discipline when all around you see people calling with nothing and winning.
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
66281 Nibs: 1,631
Posted on Oct 16th 2006
people calling with nothing and wining its the sentence that explain all my lost tournments.. thx.. ----
U called me with that hand???!!???!
62365 Nibs: 565
Posted on Oct 16th 2006
If I get started I probably wouldnt stop but these donks kill me with laughter as much as I wouldnt mind seeing some of them not breathing know what I mean. (Ps. I dont really wish death on anyone aye but yeah grow up, get some manners-etiquette or something)
Take It easy :))
65406 Nibs: 663
Posted on Oct 16th 2006
Wow i cannot agree more about he idiots who push at the start of tournaments with nothing ... however on the trash talking sometimes i use it in my game to coax callers... if someone makes a comment ill talk back at them and usually play very aggressive against them with good hands and many times they will come over the top, or you can get their chips in the middle when they have a weaker hand because they want to try and take you out. HOWEVER some people take the trash talking way to far.
Liquid
39126 Nibs: 1,021
Posted on Nov 2nd 2006  -  Subject: Rude people
Hey, It's a fact of life you'll run into some a**holes at the table, but don't let them get under your skin. I agree, though, it is uncalled for and although I can get into it if they annoy me, the best move is to just shut iff their chat. L8r, gBU, WG
"It's gonna be... rockin'!!!"
34826 Nibs: 90
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006
There is nothing you can do to stop the people that get steamed in a hand and vent on the table. It really doesn't effect my game if I give someone a bad beat and they start venting on me, I most of the time pay no attention. There are times when I get a bad beat and vent, there are just times when you have to. We might not all do it...but I knowt least 80% of online players do. I hope the people that post here don't lie about not trash talking at the table, I do it when i vent. Words are only words and I hope everyone knows that...I even do it to my friends in alive game and, in the end...we are still friends.
Little Boy: What are those? Michael Jackson: Those are my Oompha Loompha's, actually they are just little boys I hired to work for me. Little Boy: Why are they blue? Michael Jackson: I painted them blue...I blue them, He He
41527 Nibs: 765
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006  -  Subject: sd
61974 Nibs: 2,732
Posted on Nov 5th 2006
It's a shame that there are so many players out there that are the "any two card" king/queen, but there is an up side. All be it a risky one, there are ample opprotunities to double up and sometimes tripple. But it seems that more often than not they knock out the good players trying to do just that. I mean if a good player can't make a call when they know they are ahead, when can they?
-------------------------------------------------------------------- I hope to break even this week. I need the money.
66529 Nibs: 700
Posted on Nov 9th 2006
I'm All In!!!
69017 Nibs: 244
Posted on Nov 10th 2006
the losers are the ones that I give money
68285 Nibs: 1,582
Posted on Nov 10th 2006
yeah the bad beats are incredible! o.O
----FiRe-----
16508 Nibs: 754
Posted on Nov 10th 2006
we have to accept coments from al the people, that makes us better than them
William Gutierrez.
1884 Nibs: 58,944
Posted on Nov 10th 2006
Table talk is an important part of the game, if i can take half your chips and then talk you into tilting away the rest of them i've done my job! cheers..jeff
I.. am the BOOM!! in BOOMSHAKALAK!!
Displaying #1-15 of 24 total posts  1 2  Next Last

header

[close]