tourneys and strategy

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 28 total posts  1 2  Next Last
70520 Nibs: 5,033
Posted on Feb 1st 2007  -  Subject: tourneys and strategy
There are lots of storys about playing poker and strategy. In tourneys a little different then in cash games. But i think that the storys only can help you on your way in the beginning. I think that every decent player must develope his own strategy in playing poker games. after all, poker is an unpredictable game with a different style for everybody
OEPS! I'm your huckleberry... thats JUST my game! five hundred.. must be a......peache of a hand....
63599 Nibs: 4,417
Posted on Feb 3rd 2007
True, everyone needs to play their own game. However there are some basics that will make anyone a solid poker player.
live free love life and play poker
61760 Nibs: 4,136
Posted on Feb 6th 2007
thats true.......you need some basic knowhow on how to play poker in the beginning......and while you play I think your playing style just comes to you naturally......of course you need to vary yourself while you play or else you become to predictable
74352 Nibs: 478
Posted on Feb 6th 2007
I agree that every player has to form an own strategy playing poker, and even more then one so that he/she can change during playing poker. However there are some basic rules to keep in mind to become a winner, as Kenny Rogers sang in his song 'the gambler'. 1. The game is over after the last hand is done; in cash games the moment to count your winnings (or loosing), in tourneys the moment that one player has all chips!; the last survivor being the winner. 2. A tourney will not and can not be won in the first stages (the first hands). In the contrary the tourney can be lost in these first stages: going all in withe A K and been beaten by a pair of two's!!! The tourney is then over and out!! 3. There are only two unbeatable hands in poker!!! Hands that needed 4 or 5 cards!! ( it's impossible that these hands, playing with one deck of cards come together in one round!!) All other hands can be beaten. 4. Even the smallest stake can, on the moment that you're dealed with some luck, grow to a huge stake!! Experienced pokerplayers, and statistici, can calculate the risk of their hands been beaten by other hands. But also less experienced players can do this: - Four aces and an Royal Flush are unbeatable!! - Four Kings ........ - High cards will be beat by many other hands!!! from the lowest pait to the Royal Flush. Based on the cards on table you can check out some hands; checking out some hands is also possible by observing behaviour of your opponent, especially based on his betting (be carefull, because you're opponent will try to mislead you). Based on the things written herefore you can advise beginning players: 1. Don't be eager to get a quick winning, counting alone on the strength of your own cards. 2. Be carefull in the beginning of a tournement and try to observe your opponents in how they bet! 3. Never go all in, unless you know for sure that you cannot lose the hand (a miscalculation means end of the game) Even if you seemed not to be lucky, don't force the luck. In the long time there be a moment during the tournement that you get statistically better cards; to use this moment yoe'll still have to be in the game, with some chips left.
39951 Nibs: 888
Posted on Feb 7th 2007  -  Subject: re
I play on the physical tourney on aggressive.
good day everybody
74710 Nibs: 2,705
Posted on Jan 27th 2008
There are lots of storys about playing poker and strategy. In tourneys a little different then in cash games. But i think that the storys only can help you on your way in the beginning. I think that every decent player must develope his own strategy in playing poker games. after all, poker is an unpredictable game with a different style for everybody on my opinion it's all about patience... and luck ;o)
14584 Nibs: 1,289
Posted on Jan 28th 2008
I have one suggestion.....if your playing in a large freeroll...5000 people say.......sit and watch for half an hour and half the people witl be gone.....let the all-in idiots fight it out
Don't argue with me...
72961 Nibs: 1,628
Posted on Jan 30th 2008  -  Subject: RE
I like tournaments in betmost here players are better , last year I played only in pokerroom, I have never seen so many fish that goes preflop all in with 4 6os :D
67920 Nibs: 934
Posted on Mar 3rd 2008  -  Subject: strategy
i like to play passive aggresive.hold and trap big time online.gl when you meet me lol
Tiltmonster3
6805 Nibs: 4,552
Posted on Mar 24th 2008
I read a lot about poker and if Ionly pick up one tip that works for me then it is worth the effort and cost. My style is a mixture of all the articles, posts and books that I have read mixed in with my own personality.
67879 Nibs: 1,116
Posted on Apr 1st 2008
I think that in tourneys you must be patient and not get worried if you don't build a big stack quickly.Sit tight and with a little luck,the hands will come.   
If you can't spot the fish at the table,get up and leave because it's probably you!!
89956 Nibs: 3,151
Posted on Apr 2nd 2008
usually play aggre/pass at early part of game then like to mix it uppass /aggressive an so on like to change up thru -out
84866 Nibs: 1,487
Posted on Apr 5th 2008
gears, starting requirements, odds and patience.......... thats you won 3rd place in most sng's with huge fields you then need some betting information on players, reads and luck. simple lol dudududu nakamura dudududu
m smith
13455 Nibs: 2,244
Posted on Apr 12th 2008
What would define being agressive and being passive?  I think you have to play according to how the table dynamics are. 
ADAMRULZ
82952 Nibs: 2,802
Posted on Apr 14th 2008
I think for me one of the best quallities a player should have is patient ,for me thats the most inportat skill in poker.
OK OK I FOLD!!!
Displaying #1-15 of 28 total posts  1 2  Next Last

header

[close]