tournements

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-13 of 13 total posts
77185 Nibs: 4,581
Posted on Jun 6th 2008  -  Subject: tournements
i  love playing tourneys,,but its getting totally disgusting with the garbage people call and play with,,pocket kk raise 1000 guy calls with 56 off and hooks a straight,,,,sick
Moosie102
11992 Nibs: 75,250
Posted on Jun 8th 2008
It is tough to stop the sting of a bad beat, but just keep reminding yourself that these are the players that are going to pay you off, which in turn will allow you to go deep into tournaments. I realize that at the moment it is hard to grasp that concept, but in order to have long term success in poker, you need to be able to control the emotions of a bad beat (unlike say Helmuth, lol) and learn to roll with the punches and maintain a calm and cool demeanor (like Ivey, you can see the disgust in his eyes, but he just goes on). Poker is going to be filled with bad beats, and the just keep coming the longer you play. There will always be a player willing to push his stack allin with bottom pair when you have top pair. And sometimes he will spike trips or his second pair, but in the long run, you are going to win the majority of those races. That is what poker is about, the long run. All the odds for hands holding up are not based on 100, 1000 or even 10K trials. It takes 100s of thousands of hands for the odds to hold up, something many players fail to understand or accept. Keep playing, keep playing solid hands and when you take a look at all that you accomplished at the end of your poker career, you should be able to see how the odds actually held up. Remove yourself from the present (although still give yourself some time to vent) and allow yourself to focus more on the future and the fact that KK will beat 56 more often than it loses.
It's easier to fish if you're the one casting the reel.
63432 Nibs: 15,550
Posted on Jun 8th 2008
well said dingus also if your bankroll allows the higher the buy in u seem to get less donks they still show up just not at evry game
sry bout dinner but i won 20 in the tourney
105403 Nibs: 2,568
Posted on Apr 20th 2009
hey moosie,like i said before,the player who calls an all in have the bigger chances to win the hand!i don't know why,but follow what i said from now on!gl at the tables!
105992 Nibs: 1,342
Posted on Apr 20th 2009
KK is only a good pair...to catch more good combination is very difficult with this cards...  
29406 Nibs: 1,420
Posted on May 6th 2009
I just played a tournament with lots of monkeys with one button, Allin! It got worsed for every new table I went to, more and more monkeys went allin, it was like a nightmare.
____________________________________ Veni vidi vici.
84671 Nibs: 2,946
Posted on Jun 6th 2009
you just have to ride it out with donks, if you have people pushing all in all the time. Don't get annoyed just wait for the hand to come & take all there chips in one go hehehe. I can be a right git to them sometimes calling their all ins with any pocket pair. They get annoyed when their K 7 os is beaten by pocket 3's lol
Go all in I tell you
110147 Nibs: 2,775
Posted on Jul 23rd 2009
Ohhh....
PokerFace
95567 Nibs: 863
Posted on Sep 14th 2009
Are you sure that in all Poker Rooms cards are distributed randomly as in real life? Sometimes I doubt it, some sites seem to provide the best games for players to bet more and the poker room cash more raked hands.
60985 Nibs: 617
Posted on Oct 5th 2009
  When playing a tournment with over 500 players do you recommend I sit out for the first 30 mins?
60985 Nibs: 617
Posted on Oct 5th 2009
Are you sure that in all Poker Rooms cards are distributed randomly as in real life? Sometimes I doubt it, some sites seem to provide the best games for players to bet more and the poker room cash more raked hands.       I feel you on that one..sometimes I wonder how one player seems to get all the lucky hands and wins say 10 hands in a row..and bizzare cards come up on the table that makes you rethink how random the cards really are.  If you look at 1000 hands played then I think you will see that the cards are indeed delt completely randomly.
120301 Nibs: 214
Posted on Nov 22nd 2009
It will happen time and time again, My advice is to play more aggresively if the blinds are 200/400 dont be afraid to make it say 1500 or even more to go.
89238 Nibs: 3,367
Posted on Dec 16th 2009
about tournament play, it's sick today i was bb and small blind shuved all in , with 6's i called , floped a six, and that was all, i'm sick allways busting out with this fish k q shuvers who don't understand that kq is beaten by A 2i've tried playing less, thinkign i play to much and that's why o see so much strange things, but it was the same, bad beat after bad beat, how to win? don't play poker , play like a fish, do all teh stupid calls, build stacks with rags, it's all about luck sometimes, forget strategy and calm play, :)) it never helped me  
Displaying #1-13 of 13 total posts

header

[close]