Rebuy MTT's

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 15 total posts
64650 Nibs: 343
Posted on Oct 16th 2006  -  Subject: Rebuy MTT's
I really dislike playing in tourny's with Rebuys... esp. those with unlimited rebuys up to the break. How many times do you have to take the same guy/gal out??? I know, it bumps the prize pool, and can keep a person in after a bad beat or whatever. But JEEZ, it's a royal pain the _____! I try and sit back and just let the nuts take each other out and rebuy till they can't anymore, when I do play in one. Given the state of poker for US players, with so few places to play right now, one of the few that "allows" us to play w/ freerolls, unfortunately has only rebuy games. I never play in rebuy "real" money trny's. Anyone else feel this way? JC
If I hear "But it was suited" one more time.........................
61760 Nibs: 4,136
Posted on Oct 21st 2006
I really dislike playing in tourny's with Rebuys... esp. those with unlimited rebuys up to the break. How many times do you have to take the same guy/gal out??? I know, it bumps the prize pool, and can keep a person in after a bad beat or whatever. But JEEZ, it's a royal pain the _____! I try and sit back and just let the nuts take each other out and rebuy till they can't anymore, when I do play in one. Given the state of poker for US players, with so few places to play right now, one of the few that "allows" us to play w/ freerolls, unfortunately has only rebuy games. I never play in rebuy "real" money trny's. Anyone else feel this way? JC here is one who feels the same way about rebuys.....it happens i play rebuys, but not very often....never rebuy though....can use addon if i feel like it
9776 Nibs: 519
Posted on Oct 29th 2006
u have to see the full half of the glass: is easyer to grow your stack in a rebuy cause there is allways some guy whos gonna call with craps, and if u play like isnt a rebuy (i dont make more than one rebuy) ; also prises can get huge
29998 Nibs: 357
Posted on Oct 29th 2006
try the rebuy 15K guaranteed @ cdpoker youll see its just like a freezout because the rebuys are much more expensive. I got to the final table 2 times without a rebuy or addon grtz Orion13
Its hard to bluff someone whos not paying attention.
61974 Nibs: 2,732
Posted on Oct 29th 2006
I don't frequent the rebuys for the same resons above, but when I am playing in them I do enjoy the add on. Again though it is a rarity that I am in those types of tournaments
-------------------------------------------------------------------- I hope to break even this week. I need the money.
3302 Nibs: 776
Posted on Nov 2nd 2006
Rebuy is my favorite format! Before break you have plenty of time to build a big stack with all those manaic going all in with nothing! Plus most of the time the price pool is simply insane compare to what you invest in that kind of MTT. If you are lucky enough, you buy in, rebuy and ad-on. thats 3 buy in, but most of other poeple will pu 4-5-6 buy ins! This is the tournament form where I have the best ROI! Better than freezout, and a lot better than SNGs!!!! KJ
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Nov 2nd 2006  -  Subject: Rebuy heaven
I've played it a few times and I like the format, as I only buy-in the first time. I have moneyed once and this is going all the way through on the initial buy in. If I get beat in the mean time, it normally means I'm not playing well or doing something stupid so I say out. A great way to increase the return on your initial investment if your prepared to be patient and play super TAG until after the break when you can start playing a bit looser. I find a lot of the people that make it through dont do it on skill but on rebuys and add-ons so if you are a good player, these are the best tourny's for you
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
64331 Nibs: 1,002
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006
I don't like rebuy too
======================= Famous Poker Game Winner
Not Registered
Nibs: 0
Edit Post
Delete Post
Posted on Nov 5th 2006
My two cents..... Check you game for leaks, first. RB's ARE a great return, because ALL are run as overlays. Frustrating for the all in artist, unless they catch a rush. This is what the sites depend on. The fever of the big payout and the "need" to stay in the tourney. That being said.... again, check your game for leaks, first. IF you make it to the final table.... do an impromptu poll.... My experience tells me that less than 30% of those at the final table have made a rebuy. What does that tell you?
59780 Nibs: 780
Posted on Nov 5th 2006
Seems simple enuf - if you don't like 'em, don't play 'em.
Cheers!
41923 Nibs: 1,698
Posted on Nov 5th 2006
I fell the same way. Sometimes the player rebuy over the minimum prize... i dont understand that.
61548 Nibs: 821
Posted on Nov 5th 2006
There are times when I do play in rebuys, it is not often though. Usually with my luck what ends up happening is, I take someones chips a few times, then he turns around and gets alot from others. My luck change and the cards change and I loose my chips or bubble out. I hate rebuys.
Lori
29998 Nibs: 357
Posted on Nov 5th 2006
well its a strategy only buying once and dont rebuy, As I said I like the rebuy toerneys with more expensive rebuys. but I als like playing the 3000Guaranteed 5$ rebuy and the 2000 Guaranteed 10 $ rebuy. I play them and will rebuy if nescessary but I Look at the payouts. I need to be able to win all rebuys and addon back after the bubble has passed. say for instance 30 people get paid and 30 to 20 receive about 20$ tha I only rebuy a max of twice with one addon thats 4 buy ins total including starting buy in. grtz Orion
Its hard to bluff someone whos not paying attention.
65771 Nibs: 1,021
Posted on Nov 6th 2006
i hate rebuys won't rebuy think it is a money grab for the poker site thats all
Darren Jackman
68436 Nibs: 3,028
Posted on Nov 6th 2006
Yeap, i dont like Rebuys too, but i think i dont like because i dont know how play a Rebuy, i mean, if you think about a rebuy allow you to do alot of things
Trankilo...
Displaying #1-15 of 15 total posts

header

[close]