Playing the weak and inexperienced players

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-10 of 10 total posts
75865 Nibs: 102
Posted on Feb 18th 2007  -  Subject: Playing the weak and inexperienced players
When playing weak players you need to do 2 things: Play your game and not get impatient and don't get unlucky. Too many good players find themselves broke when playing against weakness where they should have one hundreds. Why is this? It's because we don't play "our" game. We lower our hand standards in order to keep up with the action. Weak players don't wait patiently for premium cards. They just play any two and hope to hit. This is why better players have all the advantage. We need to just sit back and wait patiently. Just because you limp in with 5 5 and three amateurs push all in doesn't mean that you have to call them. Wait for the aces and kings. Don't go crazy with an A 10 offsuit because the other people are playing K5 and J3. Wait for the goods and sweep in the cash. There is no real way to not get unlucky. It's a part of the game and weak hands tend to beat monster hands on occasion. Don't go on tilt because your kings got beat by an A3. You wanted a call and got it. So stick to your game and don't get impatient. -BoBBY-
15570 Nibs: 1,071
Posted on Feb 18th 2007
Well, my problems with waiting patiently in online tournaments is: I tend to last a bit in the games. To 25% of the field most the time, if I'm not really stupid. But on the other hand I usually have quite a short stack, when approaching the bubble and have to switch into allin or fold mode there. So I probably have some leaks in playing to passive.
49256 Nibs: 3,413
Posted on Feb 20th 2007
yes that is true
johnboy2020
96934 Nibs: 1,809
Posted on Sep 21st 2008
Here I totally agree what has been said in the first topic above. That is not secret that you should tightened your game against weak players who are usually very loose, and on the other hand you should extend your area of starting hands when playing against rock since such a player will only play with very strong hands.
'If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you are the sucker'
70520 Nibs: 5,033
Posted on Dec 10th 2008  -  Subject: predictable
When playing weak players you need to do 2 things: Play your game and not get impatient and don't get unlucky. Too many good players find themselves broke when playing against weakness where they should have one hundreds. Why is this? It's because we don't play "our" game. We lower our hand standards in order to keep up with the action. Weak players don't wait patiently for premium cards. They just play any two and hope to hit. This is why better players have all the advantage. We need to just sit back and wait patiently. Just because you limp in with 5 5 and three amateurs push all in doesn't mean that you have to call them. Wait for the aces and kings. Don't go crazy with an A 10 offsuit because the other people are playing K5 and J3. Wait for the goods and sweep in the cash. There is no real way to not get unlucky. It's a part of the game and weak hands tend to beat monster hands on occasion. Don't go on tilt because your kings got beat by an A3. You wanted a call and got it. So stick to your game and don't get impatient. -BoBBY-well you would be very predictable if you wait for just those hands. and not to get unlucky?? can't do anything about it. with smaller pairs you'll win big if you win. I wish i'ld called a huge reraise with 66 after being unlucky all day and would've hit quads....
OEPS! I'm your huckleberry... thats JUST my game! five hundred.. must be a......peache of a hand....
101607 Nibs: 721
Posted on Dec 24th 2008
the most of the times have they luck..because they dont know how too play.lol
marcello
92046 Nibs: 538
Posted on Mar 24th 2009
When playing weak players you need to do 2 things: Play your game and not get impatient and don't get unlucky. Too many good players find themselves broke when playing against weakness where they should have one hundreds. Why is this? It's because we don't play "our" game. We lower our hand standards in order to keep up with the action. Weak players don't wait patiently for premium cards. They just play any two and hope to hit. This is why better players have all the advantage. We need to just sit back and wait patiently. Just because you limp in with 5 5 and three amateurs push all in doesn't mean that you have to call them. Wait for the aces and kings. Don't go crazy with an A 10 offsuit because the other people are playing K5 and J3. Wait for the goods and sweep in the cash. There is no real way to not get unlucky. It's a part of the game and weak hands tend to beat monster hands on occasion. Don't go on tilt because your kings got beat by an A3. You wanted a call and got it. So stick to your game and don't get impatient. -BoBBY-i have never seen ppl playin K5 or J3 in a serious game, maybe in 5-10c cash, if u play cash games and u relax and wait for kings and aces, ull never get any action cause ppl will prolly figure out ur a rock, and in tournaments when bubble is neer and ur short stack u cant wait for a big hand u gotta risk and hope ur king 7 will be against J9, and yea i got beaten with aces by A2 it happens its all poker.
100779 Nibs: 2,364
Posted on Mar 24th 2009
Raising preflop and making continious bet even if you miss the flop is a solution against weak players, they usually fold if you do this even they have the better hand on the flop. So if you get still get called then be careful...
The real railbirds poker team
89238 Nibs: 3,367
Posted on Jan 13th 2010
that's so true and many tiems we wonder why we got busted by jis 9 10 after we called his all in with a q , because the call is wrong that's why, btw, with week players is best not to overthink  things, just know something, the chase draws to much and tend to call even with middle pair, try to bluff them less, a little pacience and the donk will be out of your hairi n notime ;)
89238 Nibs: 3,367
Posted on Jan 13th 2010
cadelin that is probably because you don't use good spots like this , you are in mid possition with 9 10 suiited, limp don't fold , you have q 3 in bb after a 2 x raise, call don't fold, it will helpa lot your game because you eventually hit and you can stack the players and stop beig a shourtstack, offcourse your problmes coukld be solved with some decent hole cards, like catch aces 3 times and there you go , in the bubble being a big stack ;) action is what you want with aces but remember, it's better to catch trip 3's in bb than raise and catch trip aces utg, gl and have fun
Displaying #1-10 of 10 total posts

header

[close]