Click Here to Vote
2. Slow Player
Click Here to Vote
3. Play everything
Click Here to Vote

Total Votes: 18

Displaying #1-13 of 13 total posts
67325 Nibs: 1,004
Posted on Oct 24th 2006  -  Subject: Patience is a virtue!
Okay well, patience is the number one thing you need to win in big tournaments..! If you sit back and watch all the noobs go out and all the people sitting out, you will probably have a good chance in getting into something good.. But i see some people trying to get high quickly and some might, but in the end they getoverly confident and lose most or all of there chips!
0ontario0
41923 Nibs: 1,698
Posted on Oct 24th 2006
I play holdem about 1 year and the first tournament i decide to be serious was about 6 hours of game. I think its just about patience. I think u will have to be in good health and mind to stay sit for hours and good to go at the end. Many players (thats include me) loose the game because dont have patience to stay sit for a long time.
3302 Nibs: 776
Posted on Oct 24th 2006
I like to be agressive with good position and agaist the approprite opponent. That said I also understand the vertue of patience in deepstack MTTs! KJ
59780 Nibs: 780
Posted on Oct 24th 2006
One thing it took me a while to appreciate is that patience means being able to wait for good opportunities, not simply good cards. They can be the same thing, but not necessarily. You can have good cards in poor opportunity situations, and good opportunities without good cards.
Cheers!
12198 Nibs: 5,201
Posted on Oct 25th 2006
One thing it took me a while to appreciate is that patience means being able to wait for good opportunities, not simply good cards. They can be the same thing, but not necessarily. You can have good cards in poor opportunity situations, and good opportunities without good cards. That is an absolutely sublime post sir, I salute you. In answer to the poll, I'd tend towards the tight aggressive, loosening up (oftentimes too much) once I'm approaching the money. Didn't respond t the poll as the question seems to suggest that patience and aggression are mutaually exclusive, which is not the case.
________________________________________________________________ Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage.
66691 Nibs: 250
Posted on Oct 25th 2006
Okay well, patience is the number one thing you need to win in big tournaments..! If you sit back and watch all the noobs go out and all the people sitting out, you will probably have a good chance in getting into something good.. But i see some people trying to get high quickly and some might, but in the end they getoverly confident and lose most or all of there chips! without he doubts q for me this is the best way to play!!!it is preferable to play a hand in ten and to win a lot of q to play some and to win little or worse q that to LOSE
9776 Nibs: 519
Posted on Oct 29th 2006
usualy i play slow at beginning and aggresive at the end
63939 Nibs: 1,002
Posted on Oct 31st 2006
usualy i play slow at beginning and aggresive at the end me too but the game could change and always depends position and stack
< Play solid and you always win >
66602 Nibs: 1,136
Posted on Nov 1st 2006
usualy i play slow at beginning and aggresive at the end me too but the game could change and always depends position and stack Hy there, You're both right guys, but remember, poker is a way of life, and as life, it changes over years, and as you write this message, some players are using it to change their own game...!
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Nov 1st 2006
If I'm at a table where there are a couple of people going nuts with the all-in ... I sitout and walk away from the screen. I have been caught out several times by having good cards and calling an all in AND being way ahead only to lose to some bad cards coming up. I would rather miss out on some early hands whilst watching the opposition to gauge their skill, ability, and luck before starting to play. Too many people get in with the intention of doubling up 2 or 3 times and then sitting out until deep into the tourny, they take bigger risks and I try and avoid them until much much later in the game. Patience and possibly a good book or two will definitely get you a lot further into a tourny, but once your there are the blinds go up, so does the level of your game. The need to be more aggressive comes in to play, because patience will just get you blinded out in the end.
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
68555 Nibs: 994
Posted on Dec 27th 2006
u can only play the cards u r delt, there is no point in playing marginal hands in the early part of a tournament as u will almost always find a fish who is on a draw and ends up beating u.
null
63599 Nibs: 4,417
Posted on Dec 31st 2006
Often times I find that playing tight helps in several ways - playing less hands means not throwing chips out - somtimes the all in guy will only put you on big hands call for the flop and fold to the continuation bet instead of their all in play - when you get monsters they will almost always pay to see when they hit their marginal hands By all means play aggressive and see cheap flops while the blinds are low, but in light of the AI these will be few and far between. Far better to hold on to your chips at least until the blinds are worth something to you, and you still have enough to make serious bets.
live free love life and play poker
6805 Nibs: 4,552
Posted on Jan 1st 2007
When I play multi table tournements, which is not oftan, because of the time required, I play very tight to begin with because of the all in crowd. If I get a very good starting hand such as AA or KK and maybe ak suited, then I am prepared to go all in pre-flop as it presents a good opportunity to double up. I would not raise all in myself, but would call an all in if I felt that I was a favorite to win - you do not get that many top starting hands and have to make the most of them.
Displaying #1-13 of 13 total posts

header

[close]