Patience is a virtue..!

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-7 of 7 total posts
67325 Nibs: 1,004
Posted on Oct 24th 2006  -  Subject: Patience is a virtue..!
Okay well, patience is the number one thing you need to win in big tournaments..! If you sit back and watch all the noobs go out and all the people sitting out, you will probably have a good chance in getting into something good.. But i see some people trying to get high quickly and some might, but in the end they getoverly confident and lose most or all of there chips!
0ontario0
61974 Nibs: 2,732
Posted on Oct 25th 2006
I can agree with that line of thought, but when do you find the time is right to strike vs the sitter or noob? Do you find that it comes more frequently in the BB or possibly the button position? Maybe you just wait like I do until your stomach tells you it is time. I dunno, it's the non-textbook variety of play that I love and hate soooo much about poker. Still, in online poker NL hold'em there is so much more risk of losing than winning I feel anyway. Give me a live 7 card stud game any day. Alas, I shall just patiently wait my trun.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- I hope to break even this week. I need the money.
39126 Nibs: 1,021
Posted on Oct 25th 2006  -  Subject: virtue
Yep, I agree with the patience philosophy, If I am not mentally ready to play tight and make some tough laydowns, I'll get on a roll for awhile, but will eventaully f up and miss making the money. Late in the tourneys patience is essential unless you have major discipline
"It's gonna be... rockin'!!!"
19883 Nibs: 4,651
Posted on Oct 25th 2006
I agree that patience is #1 virtue on poker... and at first you must learn how players think and play... wait till all or most all-inners go out and when you hit good cards take a chance... with low bet till flop, if you still have the advantage or hit high pair you can raise a bit to see other players reaction... or if you want to take the pot place a high bet... then you can continue with you initial tactic...
Guillermo Girau (Giraug)
68752 Nibs: 1,142
Posted on Nov 8th 2006
yeah, i´m very patient, but the cards no help hehehehe....
Don_Borella - a jogada perfeita nem sempre é o bastante.
18128 Nibs: 1,346
Posted on Nov 8th 2006
Patience, disciplines and study. GL AT THE TABLE
Limit is a science, No-Limit is an art.
52025 Nibs: 3,689
Posted on Nov 8th 2006
Okay well, patience is the number one thing you need to win in big tournaments..! If you sit back and watch all the noobs go out and all the people sitting out, you will probably have a good chance in getting into something good.. But i see some people trying to get high quickly and some might, but in the end they getoverly confident and lose most or all of there chips! aye patience is a must, take last night on CD 1k guarenteed tourney only 115 players top 20 get paid so im thinking im in with a shout at something, 15/20 minutes into the tourney i got a stack of 6k+ (chip leader by 2k)and think to myself now be patient and dont chase, but i get A/Q spades and call the 300 bet,two spades hit the flop and i just cant lay my hand down,i didnt hit and am left with about 3k,so again i say "i still got plenty just be careful!!! but no matter how many times i tell myself that i just dont do it :( i went out in 41st
* * * * * let others come after us,we welcome the chase.
Displaying #1-7 of 7 total posts

header

[close]