Nice way to end the month

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-14 of 14 total posts
12198 Nibs: 5,201
Posted on Oct 31st 2006  -  Subject: Nice way to end the month
This was my 8th final table appearance for the month and the only 1st place (although I did win slightly more for 2nd in a tourney on 32Red) Also marks my first decent win on CD Poker, happy as a pig in muck.
________________________________________________________________ Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage.
52557 Nibs: 8,164
Posted on Nov 1st 2006
very nice.... o($$)o.. how about posting some strategy u used in that tournament:D
there is noo spoOne..
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Nov 1st 2006
Congrats Welsh ... um can you pass some of that skill this way please???
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
64633 Nibs: 410
Posted on Nov 1st 2006
Congrats. Well done.
Posted on Nov 1st 2006
Tournament strategy, hmmmm. Patience, patience, patience. The first hour I play pretty damned tight, premium hands only from early and middle position, with a bit more variety from late. The key to this is that when you do get premium hands, play them hard and aggressive, most low buy in touneys ($20 and below) you will get action, so there's no need to try anything too clever. If you've doubled up or better by the first break you're usually in reasonable shape. This one fact, that you only need to double up by the break, should be enough to emphasise the need for patience in the early stages. Once you're past the first break things depend so much on position, relative stack sizes, reads on other players, blind sizes (relative to your and other people's stack) etc.... that basic tips become less worthwhile, however, depending on the cards you get you will generaly have to become more adventurous and adapt more to the table and players around you.
________________________________________________________________ Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage.
61974 Nibs: 2,732
Posted on Nov 1st 2006
Well done indeed! So many top table finishes. Careful someone my call you to wear their shirt, if you keep playing like that. Well youmay have to up the stakes a bit, but I think you are on the right track! See you at the tables, and again well done!
-------------------------------------------------------------------- I hope to break even this week. I need the money.
Posted on Nov 1st 2006
Well done indeed! So many top table finishes. Careful someone my call you to wear their shirt, if you keep playing like that. Well youmay have to up the stakes a bit, but I think you are on the right track! See you at the tables, and again well done! Cheers man. Oddly enough, I did similarly in July and decided to concentrate on STTs for a bit to focus my final table play. I then spent two months making much less money and it would appear to have had no benefit to my final table game at all. I guess a STT simply doesn't prepare one for the variations of a final table in view of the disparities in stack sizes and the effects this generates in view of the relationships between stack sizes and blinds. Also, there's far too many nutters in the STTs, whereas final table in an MTT everyone's already sat for 2, 3 or more hours so ou get a certain style predominating there. As for moving up stakes, I've tinkered at $30 and $50 buy ins and seem to beat myself rather than lose out to better players. Not sure what's going on there, but it's definately something I need to work on.
66822 Nibs: 2,004
Posted on Nov 1st 2006
Nice win. How do you find the CD MTT's, I'm used to playing on PokerStars?
Good Luck at the tables Sam Vice Captain UK Poker Team http://www.ukpokerteam.co.uk
Posted on Nov 1st 2006
Nice win. How do you find the CD MTT's, I'm used to playing on PokerStars? First thing you'd notice is generally far fewer entrants, which obviously means smaller prize pools, but conversely, lower variance and shorter tourneys. The standard of play is very similr in my (limited) experience of Stars and I seem to perform better on 10-handed tables than 9 (odd but true). There is a pretty good selection of freezeouts and rebuys in the $5-$30 range, have a look in sometime :-)
65771 Nibs: 1,021
Posted on Nov 1st 2006  -  Subject: good job
nice going good job keep it up
Darren Jackman
29406 Nibs: 1,420
Posted on Nov 2nd 2006
Congrats to you. Very nice win!
____________________________________ Veni vidi vici.
39126 Nibs: 1,021
Posted on Nov 2nd 2006  -  Subject: Nice one
Wow, That's pretty sweet. Do you think that advice hold for pp tourneys? I'm about to play in one. Anyhow, keep it going, L8r, GBU, WG
"It's gonna be... rockin'!!!"
39126 Nibs: 1,021
Posted on Nov 2nd 2006  -  Subject: Nice one
Wow, That's pretty sweet. Do you think that advice hold for pp tourneys? I'm about to play in one. Anyhow, keep it going, L8r, GBU, WG
"It's gonna be... rockin'!!!"
64331 Nibs: 1,002
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006
wow, very nice
======================= Famous Poker Game Winner
Displaying #1-14 of 14 total posts

header

[close]