I need a hand analysis

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-8 of 8 total posts
74204 Nibs: 288
Posted on Jan 21st 2007  -  Subject: I need a hand analysis
I'm in a freeroll tourney...I get dealt pocket 5s in first position. A lot of limpers. Flop comes Qs-4d-7d Checks to me, I raise about 3/4 the pot. Guy behind me reraises (note, almost every time I raise the pot, he has reraised me) Everybody folds. Comes to me, I call the reraise (double my origonal bet) Turn is a 5c giving me a set. Playing the part, I check. He raises approximately the size of the pot. I think for awhile with all intentions of calling. So I call the bet. River card is a Qd giving me a full house. I check. He raises the pot again. I push, and he calls instantly. Turns over Qh-5s. Eliminates me. Was there anything different I could have done. Was I stupid to put him on top pair with a flush draw?
3302 Nibs: 776
Posted on Jan 22nd 2007
Honestly it would'nt have change much but you had to check this flop! A lot of limpers means that you are certainly beaten cause somebody must have the Q. And I dont think the pot is big enough to justify the risk of taking it down on the flop. + 3/4 of the bot is certainly not big enough to chase out a player holding any Q.. Check the flop and take the free card!!!! If you decide to bet... and somebody check raise you.... FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!!!!! You've just been check-raised for Christ sake!!!!! and you have 3rd pair!!!!!!!! 3RD PAIR!!!!! Drawing dead to a 3rd 5!!!!! 2 outs!!!! Then you hit your miracle 5!!! Great!!! Now you decide to slow play it!!!!!!! Oh god!!!! What about Q4 Q5 Q7 and even Q6... top pair open ended!!!! There are some draws on that board!!!! Raise!!!! Then the 2nd Q hit!!! Bad news a lot of possible holdings are now beating you!!!! Now you decide to raise!!!! That said the situation would have been the same if you saw the turn for free, but doing what you did is asking for troubles! KJ
Posted on Jan 22nd 2007
sorry I realize I've been a bit rude... Was'nt my intention.... But you did'nt played it well and I think its better to tell you and explain why instead saying: Oh god!!! he hit a 3 outer!!! What a bad beat!!!! Nothing you could do!!! I hope you understand what I mean.... KJ
6805 Nibs: 4,552
Posted on Jan 23rd 2007
I have to agree with Kinjack. What were you thinking betting from utg with 55. For me, it was a clear check followed by a fold to any bet - no set, no bet!
6852 Nibs: 1,922
Posted on Jan 23rd 2007
slow play and without raising may have saved
P.S.Rajendra
69916 Nibs: 874
Posted on Jan 23rd 2007
good play
represent
Posted on Jan 23rd 2007
I thought the raise was coming from the blinds... so that it was a check raise.. that said the play is not a lot beter but definately not very good either. KJ
Not Registered
Nibs: 0
Edit Post
Delete Post
Posted on Jan 25th 2007  -  Subject: Pocket 5's
low double's are deadly, maybe one vursus one u got a chance but i love to take out the low double raises myself (picture's in my hand than ofcourse) be carefull with low hands just check/call till u got the right flop.
Displaying #1-8 of 8 total posts

header

[close]