how_can_i_do_more_in_freerolls?

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 29 total posts  1 2  Next Last
79128 Nibs: 1,218
Posted on May 29th 2007  -  Subject: how_can_i_do_more_in_freerolls?
hi my name is Gökhan and i m a new PI member today i played 3 free rolls in cd poker but i m not successful enough my grades are 132th 434th 643rd out of 1000 players i want to increase my success and i i want to chat with friends from PI to know the clues of free rolls if anybody interest me and wanna chat dont hesitate to write a post or e mails ty
AKQJ10
Not Registered
Nibs: 0
Edit Post
Delete Post
Posted on May 30th 2007  -  Subject: best advice I can give you is.................
Patience. Have plenty of it and do not fall into the all in traps pre flop unless your hand is very strong. Even then suckouts happen.
If life is like a box of chocolates............I want all the ones with the NUTZ !!!!! D.L.K.
49357 Nibs: 5,464
Posted on May 30th 2007
Play very tight aggresive. Dont bluff. Good Luck in future tournaments.
They say if you can't spot the sucker within 30 minutes, you're it. I saw 9 of them the second I sat down. -Vaughn
52366 Nibs: 2,407
Posted on May 31st 2007
pick not so much your cards, but your enemies.
_________________________________ Fortune favors the bold!
29660 Nibs: 23,624
Posted on Jun 1st 2007
Ptience is a virtue,no your other players at the table and approach your good hands aggressivly!
Posted on Sep 3rd 2007
i accept patience is very important but as u all know the blinds ll increase in time for tournaments if u dont make all-ins for 1 hour your chips wont be enough to call even the blinds. and that s the time for all in and decision to continue or fail. some people made all ins at the beginning and if they win enough then they ll continue playing with patience is it a good way? (making all-ins at the beginning of the tournament)
AKQJ10
13612 Nibs: 96,991
Posted on Sep 3rd 2007
Patience is important but even more important is picking up small pots early. That will allow you to be patient and sit on those chips if you dont catch any cards. Early in the tournament be aggressive with passive players and try and be more involved in more of the cheaper flops that you can pick up either preflop with a raise or post flop in position. It is very important to pick up small pots to build your stack early and then maximize profit on your big hands by making the other players pay to beat you. Need to get a handle on the table style as quickly as possible and then take advantage of it, before you are moved tables. Little bit of luck and some small pots and you will last much longer in tournaments and get in the money. Hope things go better for you.
Make Money, Not Friends at the Table
81217 Nibs: 2,617
Posted on Sep 4th 2007
patients is propabley the best thing to have remember that these games are hours long and there is no rush so why play rubbish hands just stick to good starting hands dont bluff keep it tight try not to go allin ever !!!! you might have the best hand but it can go all wrong on the river expext to lose 40% of all the hands you play so bet acordingly play slower and thing about everything before making a move and a bit of luck never hert aswell :)
Those who chase flushes go home on buses
19176 Nibs: 1,075
Posted on Sep 5th 2007
play ur cards according to position, u'll make the $ but can't say you'll take it unless u get lucky at the end and thats basically what it comes down to ............................
GambitMaster Team Toronto
Posted on Sep 6th 2007
all friends: ty to all of you for sharing your ideas with me. i tried to combine all your ideas together and i want to make a conclusion consisting all the approaches. waiting up to get a strong hand, cosidering the poition in the tournament, solving the playing style of the opponents in the table, deciding to time for big bets are the crictical things for going to end of the tournaments. if there is antone who wants to add something to these please do not hesitate to share your opinions with me.
AKQJ10
83143 Nibs: 341
Posted on Oct 7th 2007
Some quick notes cuz I dont have time. Play only good hands such as AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK -> these are worth a raise before the flop, I usually raise 5BB from early and 3BB from late position, depends on limpers. Call with small pairs such as 33,44,55,66 etc. and dont call all-ins with these hands. If you miss the flop easily check/fold. Also bet top pair top kicker, two pair, maybe straight flush draw and try to slowplay goodhands, it depends of wat kind of flop there is. Anyway, just be patient and don't be afraid to loose. Also observe other players how they play, if they are tight, often trying to steal the blinds, how they play when there is flop on the table etc. I wish you all the best. Cheers
I have pocket aces, what am I going to do??? :-)
26454 Nibs: 1,122
Posted on Oct 7th 2007
hi my name is Gökhan and i m a new PI member today i played 3 free rolls in cd poker but i m not successful enough my grades are 132th 434th 643rd out of 1000 players i want to increase my success and i i want to chat with friends from PI to know the clues of free rolls if anybody interest me and wanna chat dont hesitate to write a post or e mails ty Dob't worry abaot it,more play u must be more expert
Go All In if u got pockets AA ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!11
62620 Nibs: 6,814
Posted on Oct 8th 2007
I'm a big fan of dabbling around when the flops are cheap. Limping on the first, second and even third levels of blinds is possible especially if the table you're at gets into that mode. Suited connectors, small pairs, and any paint (KT offsuit) can be limped in on in early, middle, and definately late position. The more limpers there are, the better odds you're making for the table and the players behind you. Also, you wont be sad to fold to a big raise if you only put 10 or 20 into the pot. When the big hands come, definately raise to protect those nuts, you dont want someone's 98 suited to beat your KK because he limped and you slow played!! Later on I'll change gears and play only good hands, especially when the sit-outs are getting down to the last chips. After the first break or so. But you can play position on the weak stacks and push when they check to pick up some easy pots. If they raised half thier stack PF, they would push if they hit on the flop, so take advantage when they dont. Other than that, when it gets down to the last 20-30% of players, you should play much more solid hands. Generally speaking, these are the players that know the value of hands Preflop, the importance of position, and the right time to make a move. If you're really crafty you'll know when to stay in a hand and represent a flush on the river when you've got nothing (I'm definately not that good). Good Luck!
B_Man
6805 Nibs: 4,552
Posted on Oct 29th 2007
Patiance is the key early on, and stealing the blinds when they become larger.
83747 Nibs: 260
Posted on Nov 1st 2007
right, never bluff in freeroll, or lets say not at the beginning because very many fishes call you with everything !
the world is not enough on the final table
Displaying #1-15 of 29 total posts  1 2  Next Last

header

[close]