FInal table hand

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-10 of 10 total posts
3302 Nibs: 776
Posted on Oct 27th 2006  -  Subject: FInal table hand
Live 100$ MTT I'm 2nd in chips with 68K UTG+1 is chip leader (slightly over but I'm not even sure if I'm not the CL at that time) UTG+1: Pretty loose player, play a lot of weak A OOP and call raises with it, he slow play a lot, you know, a donk!! Also, he always make a small probe blocking bet when he hit a draw OOP. Last time he did that I reraised All in with AK on a 678 flop... He tought and flip A9 up... He's really predictable Blinds are 1500/3000 9 handed UTG+1 Limps I call with AcJc SB completes BB checks Flop Jh 8h 3h Blinds check UTG+1 bets 3000 SB removes is card protector and play with his card and BB shows no interest at all looking for the waitress... so they dont have the flush! I raise to 18K Blinds fold He thinks a long time and finaly calls... (I think he still have his other draw in mind) I'm now almost sure he has the Ah Turn As And he looks pretty happy with that card and checks I now have 2 options. I know he will lead the river nomather what the card is and I also know he will call here if I push. He's probably drawing dead to a heart or maybe an 8 or a 4... he may have A8 or A4 with the A of heart. What to do? Push and hope my hand stays good (more risky but I'll win it 3:1 ay way) or Check back and reraise any bet on the river if a non heart card comes. The only downside here is if I'm wrong, he can push me out of that pot if a heart shows even if he dont have it. KJ
66822 Nibs: 2,004
Posted on Oct 27th 2006
Interesting.... I think I would check/raise if a heart neve came. Let us know what happened
Good Luck at the tables Sam Vice Captain UK Poker Team http://www.ukpokerteam.co.uk
19883 Nibs: 4,651
Posted on Oct 27th 2006
I would consider that this player is chasing the flush... definetly he is not so confident as he didnt reraise with flop nor turn... i would have though that he has a J and a lower heart... but he is playing his high pair. i would have raise 50% of my chips... about 20K, if no heart shown on river --> all-in!!! how did he hand showed?
Guillermo Girau (Giraug)
Posted on Oct 27th 2006
Not saying your wrong... I just explain my tought here. well... betting half of my stack here is not an option for me... I know he will call any amount thinking he has the best hand. The pot is already 48K and I only have 47K in front of me. Why bet 20K if I have no fold equity. The only reason I consider to go all in that is I raise him all in on the river he may smell the trap and fold his pair of A. That way I leave 30K on the table. But obviously its also the less risky way to do it. I'll post the result tomorow! KJ
Posted on Oct 27th 2006
the risk is that he might have trips... but he wouldnt be so happy about the A... even if he had 2 pairs A with 3 or 8... your 2 pairs are still the higher pairs... i will check the result here tomorrow...
Guillermo Girau (Giraug)
12198 Nibs: 5,201
Posted on Oct 27th 2006
No point in betting small here, as you say he'll call regardless and your stck/pot ratio is not good. Basically you're left with all in VS check. I'd tend towards checking, with folding to a heart river in mind - he may not have it, but you know YOU haven't. All-in only works if you're convinced he's drawing to the flush AND that he'll fold to an all in bet - not realy the case here, so check, thenk funk him when the river's not a heart.
________________________________________________________________ Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage.
Posted on Oct 27th 2006
the risk is that he might have trips... but he wouldnt be so happy about the A... even if he had 2 pairs A with 3 or 8... your 2 pairs are still the higher pairs... i will check the result here tomorrow... No way he have trips here. If he have trips I'm in deep shit, cause its trip of aces..... and I'm drawing dead! I played him often enough to now he would have put a more healthy bet on the flop if he had a real hand. Agaist another player I may have condered it in my thinking process, but not here. KJ
Posted on Oct 28th 2006
Well... I opted for an all in on turn with was a very good move and a very bad move at the same time. Good move... Cause I was right he had Ah with a 2 kicker!!!!!! and as I tought, he called with it! Bad move... cause a heart hit the river and after the chip count I realize I was out!!!! This fish went all the way and won the MTT. I got out 9th for 200$... Top 3 was 3K, 1.6K and 1K!!! I should have checked it here I fold to his lead on the river!!! KJ
Posted on Oct 29th 2006
oohhh bad luck there... it would have been a good idea to check and see the river, but there is always a bit on luck in poker and that guy had it...
Guillermo Girau (Giraug)
Posted on Oct 29th 2006
Definately a good idea... The worst is that I normaly check wiht that good of a read and hope he leads the next street! KJ
Displaying #1-10 of 10 total posts

header

[close]