brain food. going the distance in the next tourney

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-9 of 9 total posts
Not Registered
Nibs: 0
Edit Post
Delete Post
Posted on Oct 22nd 2006  -  Subject: brain food. going the distance in the next tourney
i hate to admit it but i am a consumer, a hypocritical self loathing consumer nicotin, caffiene, punting, anything!!!! so when i have a big tourney coming up and the flop looks like old maid through lack of sleep i take stock and do the following- Sleep- how many many of us tilt into insomnia after a bad beat! get at least 6-8 hrs and plan to rise an hour before start time. Vitamins- if you smoke or drink your body is depleted of things like vitamin b c ,iron , essential fatty oils and acids get your hands on some vitamins take them before you sleep and as soon as you get up even a couple of days worth will help you think better. I recomend b, c ,spirulina, fish oil, ginko ,brahmi ,calcium ,magnesium. not exclusively ,separately,what eva you can get your hands on.And always with food fruit and fish are best, eat a fish then take his money. Finally Nicotine and Caffiene i live on them unfourtunetly ,so i try to limit my intake to the end of a tournement so i dont space out to early and the initial lift may give me an edge when the going gets tough, i am a very average player so i need all the help i can get and this advice i feel qualified to give godbless SWAATT11
39126 Nibs: 1,021
Posted on Oct 22nd 2006  -  Subject: Being on top of your game
I know what you mean about being on tilt or not being all there in tourneys, I smoke/ drink caffeine constantly and tournaments, particularly MTT's when over an hour, tire me out. I find execercise before is a HUGE plus, as I am more relaxed and not so edgy/ prone to make a looser call without thinking about it. also, a good thing to remeber is that more of a good thing (i.e. poker or "drugs") is not necessarily better. If you're getting burned out, take a walk, take a break, do something, or the lack of composure may show up in your bottom line/bankroll. All the best, and GBU, L8r
"It's gonna be... rockin'!!!"
65406 Nibs: 663
Posted on Oct 22nd 2006
i find that exercise is usually the best... playing after a light working or a 20 min run or so seems to be the best way to set up for a long tourny.
Liquid
61974 Nibs: 2,732
Posted on Oct 23rd 2006
Vitamins, sleep, and a run?? Most people I have seen during a marathon tournament are slurping down Red Bull or V or something of that nature. Anything to stay awake and alert enough to pay attention. I agree 100% the body must be suplemented, but I think a few days of bad nutrition will not ruin your life...errrr completly. Just make sure you order a nutritionist while you count your winnings at the end. And if your not counting your winnings and replenishing your depleted body well then I guess you better get your body in shape for more punishment :) See you on the tables!
-------------------------------------------------------------------- I hope to break even this week. I need the money.
Not Registered
Nibs: 0
Edit Post
Delete Post
Posted on Nov 17th 2006  -  Subject: thanks 4 the interest
its nice to get positive feed back
13612 Nibs: 96,991
Posted on Nov 17th 2006
It is difficult to do sometimes but you need to try and take a break and get some rest. The best thing for your game is to play when you are fresh and in a good state of mind so that you can play your best poker. I think that this is what separates good palyers from average players, knowing when you need to take a break for awhile and playing when you are physically and mentally at your strongest.
Make Money, Not Friends at the Table
3302 Nibs: 776
Posted on Nov 17th 2006
cocaine here is my best friend!!! Kidding you... Honestly nuts and chocolate are a good combination to eat durig an MTT! KJ
52366 Nibs: 2,407
Posted on Nov 19th 2006
i drink loads of tea if i'm in a long tourney. the only disadvantage is you have to take a toilet stop once in a while...
_________________________________ Fortune favors the bold!
70248 Nibs: 12
Posted on Nov 19th 2006
I tend to masturbate furiously, that gets the blood pumping.
Displaying #1-9 of 9 total posts

header

[close]