All-in Idiot - AI for short

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 53 total posts  1 2 3 4  Next Last
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006  -  Subject: All-in Idiot - AI for short
We've all seen them, they make the first 10 minutes to half and hour of MTTs a nightmare. I've had AA & KK cracked by this wonderful and oh so skillful poker strategist who's philosophy is ATC - any two cards. Yep, loved getting beat by 62 off suit when holding JJ (a set of 6s on the river). Puts you in the perfect frame of mind (that is if you survive with any chips left). You spend all your time slowly building your stack up only to make one bad call because you think that your hand (AA or KK or even AK) will do better that their measly little 82 off suit - silly me I guess. The whole time online poker is trying to convince the US Congress that Poker is in fact a game of skill ... and then you see this happen and they say yeah right. Don't mind me ... just venting off a bit of steam ... yeah, should definitely have folded that silly pocket pair
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
42541 Nibs: 2,445
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006
I absolutely agree with you, it's annoying to be badbeaten by 8,2 o with a pocket A,A. But somehow poker is a "game of hazard" so you must accept when this happens. I personally hate as you told AI's but I've learnt to be patient, wait for the monster hand and when I'm convinced that they have nothing in hand, I strike back and kick them out of game with pleasure. This is the only way to handle them. They can even be beneficial if you learn how to deal with them. GL and PEACE
Beware of the dog!
52557 Nibs: 8,164
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006
this game takes more patience than u think :)... that's just the explaination..
there is noo spoOne..
63155 Nibs: 751
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006
just some words , if you don't like a badbeats - don't play poker ....
give me your chips, u look so tired.... go better a rest
61974 Nibs: 2,732
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006
I have put alot of time and bad beat study into the peanut who is always going all ina dn what I have come to is a little odd. I find that it isn't so much the person who doesn't give a ---- it's the fact theat the format of the game is allowing the players to do that. You see in Limit games as you know they can't do this to such an extent. Sure they can chase and chase, but as long as they cant just go all in all the time they are restricted to what they play. This creates a better game for all, and lowers the bad beat ratio. Sure NL is a great way to go, but if you are just starting out I suggest limit. Unless you can find the few sites that have capped NL games. That is a great "in-between" format.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- I hope to break even this week. I need the money.
5786 Nibs: 2,049
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006
The truth is any two cards CAN beat any other... its all very well complaining about aces being cracked, but if you go all in pre flop truly anything can happen, if someone with 6 2 off suit calls you, most of the time they would lose and it is a bad play, to be honest the game is better with people like this in the game because over time they will ship their chips to you!...
64633 Nibs: 410
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006
If you play poker you know that pacience is on of the more important things in the game. Those clowns that go all in with antthing...well see where they are in the 2nd or 3rd hour of tournments.......gone. So just stay cool, and **** ** these guys.
34826 Nibs: 90
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006
I like to call these players...fish...or...donks, they like to play on hopes and dreams with their rags. Yes it is true...any 2 cards can win a hand but, it is how you "play" the 2 cards that makes you "player". I mean, I have had an over pair to the flop and someone moved all in. I labled this player as a fish by watching the cards he played and how he played them, so I called him. he had top pair with his rags and I had him dominated and won the pot...he did not suck out. These players are needed to build your chip stacks, I welcome the donks and the fish to my table any day. People who over value their top pairs and what not with their rags need to take a step back and realize that patience and attention spans are a big part of poker, and top pair is not always good. There is also the inside straight draw chasers that I love too, some people just love to chase their 4 or less outs. I say...please...chase your insider. I like to play poker players...but it nice to run into a fish once in a while also.
Little Boy: What are those? Michael Jackson: Those are my Oompha Loompha's, actually they are just little boys I hired to work for me. Little Boy: Why are they blue? Michael Jackson: I painted them blue...I blue them, He He
Posted on Nov 4th 2006
Its good to be able to vent. Yes I have lost the odd 'coin toss' to these students of the game. But I feel in the long run as a better player .. I will win.
18128 Nibs: 1,346
Posted on Nov 4th 2006
The key for online surviving is PATIENCE!!! But also remember that during a single hand lucky 99%. GL AT THE TABLE
Limit is a science, No-Limit is an art.
68053 Nibs: 500
Posted on Nov 5th 2006
The key for online surviving is PATIENCE!!! But also remember that during a single hand lucky 99%. GL AT THE TABLE and don't forget: Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
61760 Nibs: 4,136
Posted on Nov 5th 2006
well as said bad beats are a part of the game......but usually the best hand wins even if you get sucked out from time to time....so keep your head cool for the first hour and play only monsterhands against AI.....
68629 Nibs: 10,365
Posted on Nov 7th 2006  -  Subject: a
nubs
get rich or die trying
Posted on Nov 7th 2006
I think that this is where the 'sitout' button comes in handy. I've had success by tripling up in the first 10 - 15 minutes, and then sitting out until the break. I would come back in occaisionally to win a pot, but mainly sitout until the serious stuff happens.
66822 Nibs: 2,004
Posted on Nov 7th 2006
I
Good Luck at the tables Sam Vice Captain UK Poker Team http://www.ukpokerteam.co.uk
Displaying #1-15 of 53 total posts  1 2 3 4  Next Last

header

[close]