A K all in

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 51 total posts  1 2 3 4  Next Last
70520 Nibs: 5,033
Posted on Feb 3rd 2007  -  Subject: A K all in
A K is my favoured hand, and most of the time i'll go all in. with that monsterhand i win almost every time. But in my last freeroll someone had a low pocked pair sixes. But this time i lost. My point is that it's a bad luck and awefull way to go out
OEPS! I'm your huckleberry... thats JUST my game! five hundred.. must be a......peache of a hand....
63599 Nibs: 4,417
Posted on Feb 4th 2007
Its a good starting hand, but things can change fast. Also depends on your table and your table image as to whether or not some one will call.
live free love life and play poker
75027 Nibs: 280
Posted on Feb 4th 2007
Yeah !
75089 Nibs: 688
Posted on Feb 5th 2007
its not a god thing have a "favoritet hand" that can send you to lose, because AK dont win pocket pair hand in %its a godfing forget about favorit hand ;D God Loock
61760 Nibs: 4,136
Posted on Feb 5th 2007
i agree.....you have to play every hand based upon the situation......to have favourite or nonfavourite hands may only mess upp your play.....you may fold winning hands and play losing......but off course AK is a good hand.....one of the best......but you cant play them in every situation....
70520 Nibs: 5,033
Posted on Feb 5th 2007  -  Subject: why never slow play
I have to set the record straight. Last week i said that AK is my favoured hand, and that i'll go all in. I meant first of all AK suited. One of the reasons is that it's the hand you can get a royal flush with, (even i never had it). That AA is better is true also and it does not always win though. But exept the battle against AA the reaon for me is that by do go all in, you often eliminate get beaten by a straight or lucky 2pair because the lower kind of hands fold many times. so most chance if you lose is by flush but AK has that advantage too. Altough the game stays poker so ya never know cause pretty much everything is possible. Especcialyif ya have many donkey's at your table or idiots who call with whatever junk they get
OEPS! I'm your huckleberry... thats JUST my game! five hundred.. must be a......peache of a hand....
76036 Nibs: 662
Posted on Mar 3rd 2007
sometimes-in tourney no cash game
76370 Nibs: 110
Posted on Mar 3rd 2007
AK is the most over rated hand in poker, you hit your ace on the flop and everyone folds but the ones that will bet it say the flop is A 9 J, you can be looking at 2 pair, str draws all hands that will call the big bet you just tossed in. So you end up risking a big bet to win a small pot, but now you have a habd that is real hard to get away from. I am not saying I don't like it but it seems to lose bigger pots the win them but it does win a lot of small pots.
76449 Nibs: 274
Posted on Mar 5th 2007
AK is a good drawing hand, even better if suited, but not a hand I would push all in with pre-flop unless I am short stacked, been drawing card dead and need to double up to survive. Playing on a solid table you are liable to come up against AA KK QQ and even lower pocket pairs some of the time, and you are immediately behind 60%-40% or 55%-44% I think. I'd rather make a good sized raise and see where I am before committing all my chips with AK.
Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.
15570 Nibs: 1,071
Posted on Mar 5th 2007
A K is my favoured hand, and most of the time i'll go all in. with that monsterhand i win almost every time. But in my last freeroll someone had a low pocked pair sixes. But this time i lost. My point is that it's a bad luck and awefull way to go out If you push all in it's not that unlikely that you get called by a pocket pair. Then you have only have 47% to win the hand. I cannot really see that much bad luck here. :-)
76118 Nibs: 624
Posted on Mar 7th 2007
i think it's better to not call all in bus in pieces, so you can win a higher pot or fold if you don't get good cards
allure
76538 Nibs: 410
Posted on Mar 7th 2007
AK no t all in all the time u have nothing but A high
51227 Nibs: 1,850
Posted on Mar 9th 2007
This might just be my opinion but "big slick" is often overplayed by players online that I've seen. It is a huge hand and should be raised or maybe even reraised preflop (depending on the situation). However it's more of a hand you want to see a flop with, like suited connectors. It shouldn't be very upsetting to anyone who loses with AK to any pocket pair. You're already behind before the flop and it's very easy to miss the whole board. The only time I'd say to raise/call all in with AK is if you're short stacked or you're getting value to call someone elses all in (probably because they are short stacked or you already commited yourself to the pot).
34829 Nibs: 1,651
Posted on Mar 10th 2007
The one thing to remember about AK is that it pretty much always has to improve, and this isn't always going to happen unfortunatly. In a tournament situation an all in move will get called by a range of hands by small-medium stacks, and I would say more often than not AK is behind preflop. So why risk your tourny life if it doesnt need too be risked?
Cheers hutchylad
76118 Nibs: 624
Posted on Mar 14th 2007
i agree
allure
Displaying #1-15 of 51 total posts  1 2 3 4  Next Last

header

[close]