online poker may be rigged, dont be a victim, figh

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 21 total posts  1 2  Next Last
41860 Nibs: 1,743
Posted on Jan 12th 2007  -  Subject: online poker may be rigged, dont be a victim, figh
how many peopl have played in tourneys , and then online, what the difference. well it seems to me online play although may be faster. also may be more impregnanble. For instance there are many site offering pokerbots, just try running a yahoo search on poker bots and see what you find. does anyone have one ofthese said bots or have tried them
LOTB
30 Nibs: 7,692
Posted on Jan 13th 2007

It's just a ''myth'' .

Posted on Jan 13th 2007
It's just a ''myth'' . yahoo seach, "pokerbots", says different
LOTB
6805 Nibs: 4,552
Posted on Jan 13th 2007
I am sure there are bots but as to how well they play and how many there are I am not so sure.
7669 Nibs: 3,591
Posted on Jan 14th 2007  -  Subject: bots
poker bots are not the problem for online players the software is it is desibned to create rake for the site thats why all the bad beats
39151 Nibs: 3,058
Posted on Jan 14th 2007  -  Subject: bad beats
there is sure 90% more badbeats online than in real games! I personally would like to no which software is best,if anyone knows anything about that please speak up.these 1 outers are getting ridiculous
61760 Nibs: 4,136
Posted on Jan 14th 2007
I am sure there are bots but as to how well they play and how many there are I am not so sure. someone has to program a bot how it should play.....so they cant be any better then the person who programmed it.....I could for example see a difficulty on how to learn a bot to bluff.....I guess that the main purpose of a bot is that it can play nonstop.....maybe playing only monsterhands......it could be used when you are a "bonuswhore".........
Posted on Jan 14th 2007

It's just a ''myth'' .

yahoo seach, "pokerbots", says different

Never believe everything you can hear on the internet ... all I have to say ;)

Posted on Jan 15th 2007
It's just a ''myth'' . yahoo seach, "pokerbots", says different Never believe everything you can hear on the internet ... all I have to say ;) msnbc did a full hour show on it should i not believe that
LOTB
Posted on Jan 16th 2007

Oh well it's up to you, but I personally don't really care if there's bot or not since they can't change their plays regarding certain situation so no matter what we (human) got a BIG advantage. Example what if the ''bot'' only play monsters or AK , AQ and you outdraw him on flop or something? He will keep pushing and you will win literally dead money. Thus, bring it on I'm ready to pickup money to people you put some in the ''hand'' of a robot! :)

27203 Nibs: 26,355
Posted on Jan 17th 2007
I agree, I guess a bot who is able to bluff is far from reality.
--- "Most of the money you'll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents." - Lou Krieger
20690 Nibs: 1,167
Posted on Jan 17th 2007
there are many new bots that are designed to change their play so rooms can't detect them (i.e- losing the case pot or two) and bots never get tired or frustrated and have all the patience in the world just remeber that. Poker is rigged for the rake, that's why reading scenario is better than playing the man or cards. If you flop a set, 90 percent chance of hitting full by the river. If you flop a flush or a straight, chances are you're going to lose by the river. If you understand how to evaluate situations well you will be a winning player. Also there will always be a fish who could care less about online poker. Look to find him and you will bank on him. As for bots, only once in a blue will you encounter one that will be omnipotent, that's where I agree with Simon. If they wanna give money away because they don't understand the ideal of suck-outs then milk them as you would any player.
Pmurda
Posted on Jan 17th 2007
Oh well it's up to you, but I personally don't really care if there's bot or not since they can't change their plays regarding certain situation so no matter what we (human) got a BIG advantage. Example what if the ''bot'' only play monsters or AK , AQ and you outdraw him on flop or something? He will keep pushing and you will win literally dead money. Thus, bring it on I'm ready to pickup money to people you put some in the ''hand'' of a robot! :) the robot only work with limited games and youu can see the players whole cards , so you know when to fold
LOTB
Posted on Jan 18th 2007

Hm what if a bot see cards? You could get rivered playing open cards so everyone can see them ... the only thing you could not do is bluff a pot like they probably can't.

6805 Nibs: 4,552
Posted on Jan 20th 2007
I just dont get this "online sites are rigged for the rake" bit. What a load of rubbish.Think about it. What is the sense of damaging your own business by rigging it - if I thought a site really was rigged I would stop playing there, and so would most sane people, so they would achieve the opposite of what they were trying to do. Most of the bad beats people bleat on about are not bad beats at all, just bad play by one or more of the players. It seems to happen more on line because you see so many hands. As for bots, I dont care if they exist - if they do I doubt that they will be capable of beating a good human player, and most poker sites would block them out.
Displaying #1-15 of 21 total posts  1 2  Next Last

header

[close]